||Requirements are as follows:
FIRST ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- Four years of direct production experience in film or tape; and
- No less than 520 days (of which 300 must have been physically spent on
the set or location) of work as a First Assistant Director or Associate Director
on Commercials or any other professional motion picture media including but not
limited to music videos and documentaries. Of such 520 days, it is understood
that 52 days must have been spent working on commercials; OR
- Is a Director who has completed 260 days of actual shooting commercials or
any other professional motion picture media including but not limited to music
videos and documentaries; or
Is on the Second Assistant Director Commercial Qualification List AND
A. Completed 520 days as a weekly staff UPM or Second AD; or
B. Is employed in a non-guild capacity and functions for that company as a Second
AD on a part time basis for 350 days; or
C. Has completed 150 freelance days of actual work as a Second
AD or UPM, of which no less than 75 were spent on commercials.
- 600 days of direct production experience of which at least 300 must have been
spent doing the work of either an Assistant Director on the set of commercials
or other professional motion picture media including but not limited to music
videos and documentaries, or an Associate Director/Stage Manager on television
programs or commercials. Of such 300 days it is understood that days spent performing
duties not customarily performed by Assistant Directors or Associate Directors/Stage
Managers, or days spent as a DGA Trainee shall not be used in computing "days" for
purposes of placement on such lists.
Days worked as a Unit Production Manager, Assistant Director, Associate Director, Stage Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Coordinator (in Commercials only) or Production Assistant will be considered for placement in this category.
Note: Except when employed as an Assistant Director, the maximum number of prep days that will be accepted are as follows:
Commercials: No more than 2 times the guaranteed prep period for a First Assistant Director under the commercial agreement. A First AD must have been employed on all such days.
Feature/TV: No more than the guaranteed prep period for an Assistant Director or Associate Director under the Basic or Freelance Live & Tape agreement.
UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGERS
- Has had no less than 500 days (of which 100 must have been physically spent on set or location) of work as a UPM, or performing substantially all of the duties of a UPM under the direct supervision of an Executive Producer.
- Is on the First Assistant Director CQL and has completed 250 days of work
as a First AD since placement. 70% of the work must be actual shooting days.